Acting for the good of the environment
Restel endeavours to actively contribute to the protection of the environment and to support ecologically sustainable development. The guiding principle in our environmental activities is to act in compliance with the standards set for official environmental labels. In our everyday lives, we can make a difference by encouraging ourselves and our customers to assume habits that will assist in saving our environment.
We operate in compliance with environmental legislation, for example, by increasing awareness among our staff members through training and education, and by implementing our own environmental policy programme. In all of our hotels and restaurants, an Environmental Supervisor is appointed to coordinate and monitor the programme implementation.
Daily actions for the best of the environment:
- We use Fortum Carbon Free electricity, which is produced in an environmentally friendly manner.
- In some of our spas, we have a system that recovers thermal energy from the hot water used in showers and utilizes it for heating.
- Shell HelmiSimpukka service stations use detergents with a minimal environmental load in their car wash and dishwashers.
- All our units carry out careful waste sorting and efficient recycling.
- We encourage our customers to do their part to save energy. For instance, messages posted in the rooms at hotels and spas remind our guests to close the windows and switch off the lights whenever they leave their room.
For years, Restel has actively taken measures to reduce energy consumption and conserve water resources. Restel is also currently involved in the EU Energy Efficiency Agreement project, aimed at a 9 per cent reduction in energy consumption among all EU member states by 2016.
By working together and making an effort for the good of our environment, we will ensure a viable, healthy and safe living environment.